Books (and Videotapes) For Sale!
I have way too many books, and am trying to unload some of them before my next move. Since my landlord is raising my rent by more than 40%,* that will be the end of next month, whether my next job (whatever it is) is in Baltimore or not. Please check out my listings here. Further notes:
- All prices are 10% off through midnight Sunday, July 18th: just subtract 10% from the advertised price.
- Don't miss the $2.00 and $2.25 videotapes (only $1.80 and $2.02 this week). Sure, you'd rather have the DVDs, but how can you resist prices like these?
- The first person to inquire about a particular book has first claim on it, though I do expect a decision one way or the other within, say, 48 hours, if someone else inquires in the interval.
- I can take either PayPal or a personal check in U.S. dollars, and generally ship the books within 24 hours.
- I will be adding more books between now and Friday. Check back from time to time if you want to make sure not to miss anything.
- Special for Latinists: As a bonus to the first eleven orders, no matter how large or small, I will throw in an official PanAm Latin-language instruction pamphlet from 1962. It is titled 'Ad Clericos et Religiosos Viros Iuvandos per Terrarum Orbem Peregrinantes', that is, "For clergy and religious men travelling through the world". (They seem to have assumed that nuns either did not know Latin, or did not travel, since "men" here is specifically masculine.) Click here for a small picture, here for a large one (190 K). Please note that these pamphlets were apparently used as teaching tools at some point, so there is a small amount of underlining or similar marks, in pen, on one page of each, as you can see on the larger picture (near the bottom of the page with the airplane on it). Of course, you may not want this if you don't know any Latin, so you have to ask for it. I guess that makes it a bonus for the first 11 to ask for it.
- Finally, I have added not-very-competent pictures of a few of the more interesting titles. So far, these are all under Biblical, Modern Philosophy, French, and English. While browsing, just click on any camera icon you see:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*That's my estimate of the difference between $750 with all utilities included and $875 with no utilities included.
Posted by Dr. Weevil at July 14, 2004 12:57 PM